[INFO] Javascript Colors list....(OT)

Jim MacConnell jmac at consensustech.com
Fri May 27 15:12:38 EDT 2005

Ben,

First.. Why are you YELLING every so often. IS it CODE. Stringing together
the shouts doesn't make sense...
- - - - - - -
NEW  PROBLEMS HARMFULL
DEAP ANSWERS... TASKS TOO COMPLICATED....

NOBODY TRYING TO HARD ...TO ACHIEVE TO MUCH....

REV ...IMMENSE POWER....

NEW PERSON ZERO
TEDIUOS CLOCK FACE SECOND

HAND  CODE
ACHIEVE DAYS

LISTS  VERY GOOD... FIRING THE DARK
- - - - - - -
Second...
There actually have been discussions on clock faces (or wheel like controls
and they always seemed pretty straight forward).... When you say it took
days, I assume that there was a lot of basic learning going on (or
unlearning).. For a newbie to create something like a clockface (not built
in or prebuilt...I'm sure someone has a clockface stack I could borrow and
reconfigure in near-zero time) is no small feat... Given all that has to go
into a reasonably acceptable clock..... 100 lines? Not too bad.. Could be a
good challenge.  It actually sounds more like you're frustrated that it took
you that long to do it....

Always interested in new tools.... I checked Synopsis (since someone
mentioned your clock face example alluded to it ) and it's Windows only? Not
of any interest to me regardless of how powerful. ... I do Mac and PC and
need both.. Not to mention *nix in the future... I don't see why anyone
would do single platform development unless their client specifically
requested that they ignore other future platforms.

Sorry you're disillusioned. I'm surprised that someone who is NEW to Rev
would have such strong opinions about how powerful it is (seeming to have
enough experience programming to know that) and yet accuse it of being
tedious for someone completely new to programming (which again implies you
have experience learning other programming environments and are, in fact,
not that person new to programming) Hmmm....  Learning can be tough but
tedious?

While I am basically a lurker and not an active participant on the list, I
find the most of the discussions incredibly useful... Like the recent
database basics thread.... Not to mention the esoteric Unicode stuff which I
have no clue about.. Good for my brain to try to understand....

Anyway.. Sorry if it seems I'm jumping to Rev's defense but for some reason
your SHOUTING struck a chord and I felt I had to respond

Jim