Graphics Help, Please

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu May 26 14:11:54 EDT 2005

Recently, Roger Guay  wrote:

> I need to develop graphics/images that will be used as icons for
> buttons.  And, I've forgotten how to get rid of the rectangular white
> background/border that invariably comes with the graphic.  This is
> driving me nuts!!  BTW. I work on a Mac.

1) If you create your images using an image editor (ie Photoshop or similar)
save your images in GIF or PNG format, with transparency.

2a) If you create your images in Rev, there is an eraser tool among the
paint tools (can't recall if there's a transparency eye dropper like in
MetaCard)

2b) Alternatively, you might be able to set the ink of your images to srcOr.
If your stack is for Mac only, you can set the ink to transparent.

(FWIW, I'm currently writing an article that will describe several tips and
techniques for dealing with graphics in Rev.)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design