Conceptual database questions...

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Thu May 26 12:16:19 EDT 2005

By "API" do you mean RunRev's "Database Query Builder" or is it something
else? I mix direct calls, the Database Query Builder and now do everything
with Trevor's very fast and easy to understand libDatabase. The only thing I
never use is the Cursor routines as they just confused me. The arrays that
return from libDatabase are really easy to understand.

I also changed the database from MySQL to SQLite and got some speed
improvements. It is fast enough now so that I have achieved my goal of being
a little better than the original Hypercard database I am re-designing from.

On 5/26/05 11:31 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> I did not see a non-SQL way of adding records in the docs for vxcmd. Did
>> I miss something, or do we mainly need to rely upon SQL techniques?
>>

> You can use either direct API or SQL. Some projects seem more suited
> for the former, others for the latter. Some people have a preference
> for one or the other. Some stuff can be done only in SQL, some only
> in API. So, use whatever suits or you like. Just mixing the two can
> be problematic.
>
> Robert

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)