Differential evolution algorithm

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 10:07:46 EDT 2005

Hi Developers,

Look at this algorithm:

<http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~storn/code.html>

I try, without sucess to implement a version
of this algorithm to calculate curve fitting.

What does a handler for bezier curve fitting?
Using only the start and end point of a bezier
curve, calculate the coordinates of the two
control points that give shape to the curve.

Time ago, i tried to make this curve fitting
handler but was not able to get a time wise
solution.

i used an almost geometric approach, that started
with an educated guess about the area where could
(more likely) be the coordinate for a control point.

The loop tested many coordinates within this
specific area and returned a number indicating
if the coordinate points produced are near, far
or exactly within the original points of the curve.

if the points produced (using that coordinates
for control points) had all their points within
the original curve, this coordinate point had a
score of 100, and the handler must stop.

But that not always was the case. That stack is
unavailable, but it's relatively easy to reconstruct.

A genetic algorithm, like Differential evolution,
promises to get this task done in less time.
Is this true? Had you used an algorithm like this
for curve fitting? How difficult is to port this
algorithm to this platform?

Thanks in advance.

al

Visit my site: