[OT] Hell freezes over, pigs fly

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon May 23 15:49:47 EDT 2005

Richard,

I don't think apple will move to x86 at this stage, I do think they are
partening with intel for other chips that are not the CPU, like
wireless chips and stuff like that. The Altivec thingy is not present
on x86 chips right? so we would loose lots of number crunching
features... it would be wise to partner with intel for their chips but
not for changing CPU architecture...

PS: ... Actually I like ppc and am fond of ARM and hate x86.... but I
am a romantic fool :D

cheers
andre

On May 23, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Several years ago I predicted here that Apple will migrate to a
> two-button mouse, and that it would be in Apple's interest to stop
> relying on phone-distracted Motorola and move to chip-dedicated Intel.
>
> Today:
>
> Apple to Use Intel Chips?
> <http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/05/05/23/1052218.shtml?
> tid=118&tid=181&tid=1>
>
> Intel Inside Apple?
> <http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05052324.htm>
>
> Wall Street Journal: Apple to use Intel?
> <http://www.macnn.com/articles/05/05/23/wsj.on.apple.intel/>
>

> And recently:
>
> A Two-Button Apple Mouse
> <http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=951>
>

> The proof will of course be in the pudding, but things bode well for
> greater multi-platform consistency for us developers....
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL