textFont wierdness

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 23 13:19:27 EDT 2005

On 5/23/05 11:32 AM, Brad Borch wrote:

> I've got a couple of strange textFont problems, not sure if they're
> related.

Probably not.

> 1) Every time I open RR, the labels and fields in the property inspector
> (revPropertyPalette 1 stack) are in a non-English typeface. I have to
> type in 'set the textFont of stack "revPropertyPalette 1" to "Lucida
> Grande"' and execute from the message box every time I start up. I've
> reinstalled RR from the .dmg file several times.

For others: Brad and I are working on this in the tech support queue,
and I have passed on the remarks from this list that implicate an OS 9
font, but if any of you have any other ideas, please let us know.

Brad: reinstalling Rev won't help, so you can skip that part. The issue
is most likely that a font somewhere in your system is interfering with
the normal system font. (I sent you email from the tech support queue
this morning; see that.) Tracking down the font that is responsible
should fix it.

> 2) I have a button that sets the fontText of a field:
>
> on menuPick theFont
>  set the textFont of fld "Word_Greek" to theFont
>  put theFont && the textFont of fld "Word_Greek"
> end menuPick
>
> according to the message, the textFont has been updated, but the field
> remains unchanged.

This generally happens when the the text in the field has been selected
and its font changed. The individual character assignments override the
general field font. To fix it, select all the text in the field and set
its font to "use owner's font".

> Also, I have a handler in the stack script with this code:
>
>  if this card is the first card then

Should be: if the number of this cd = 1