"convert" questions

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon May 23 10:55:40 EDT 2005

>> Is it possible to send variables between RR and a SWF file?
>>

> Sorry, no idea.

Yes you can.  Since SWF is playing through QuickTime you can use my
EnhancedQT external at
<http://mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/enhancedqt.html> to
process FSCommand events.

The beta version of the external supports FSCommand processing.  Your
player object will receive a message whenever a FSCommand is sent
from your SWF movie.  As Klaus mentioned, only version <= 5 though.

>> Has anybody used LiveStage to produce animations for import into RR?
>>

> Livestage output MOV files, but not all interactivity will be
> accesible within Rev...
>
> Any comments, Trevor? ;-)

I incorporate LiveStage content all of the time.  I've used it for
incorporating Axel 3D content, interactive movies that use intermovie
communication, etc.  If you use the external I mentioned above you
can also communicate between QuickTime movies and Revolution using
Movie Variables and QTLists.  You can also simulate mouse clicks on
sprites.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia