popup in selected text in unlocked field

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri May 20 00:56:11 EDT 2005

I know there's some kind of trick here to do this;

I have an unlocked, editable field with text. I select a portion of
the text, then option click on it for a popup that has a few options
to select from to do something to the text, like uppercase,
lowercase, etc.

This changing works with a button and an option menu combo, but not
in a contextual button. Any activity on the field kills the selection.

Attempting this always loses the selection, then there's nothing to
change, and all attempts to save the selection range description to a
global still don't seem to work.

I'm sure there's a dance of locking and unlocking to get this to
work, but I haven't found it yet... any ideas...?..

thanks

sqb