Collecting Sound Files in a stack

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri May 13 07:42:19 EDT 2005

I've been having problems sending a largish batch of sound files (500
mb or so, in sd2 format) to an ftp site for a colleague to download -
various experiments with creating stuffit archives have resulted in
corruption of data....

So I thought of building a Rev standalone that contains all the files
as customProps, and which will spit them out as sound files at the
other end.

My initial experiment involved reading in the files (using the binfile
URL scheme), and then spitting them back out again (also using the
binfile URL scheme). The resulting files are the correct size, but OS X
now thinks they are text files (they are supposed to be sd2 files).
Adding the .sd2 suffix to the file names gets them recognised as sound
files, but the quicktime player (which plays the originals without
difficulty) simply barfs on them.

I've tried compressing them on the way in and decompressing them on the
way out, but apart from reducing the size, this does not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark