put into URL not "putting"

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu May 5 17:00:53 EDT 2005

Phil Davis wrote:
> Has the hard disk containing the file spun down at the time of the
> second 'put'? That's one thing that will prevent a write/put. If that's
> the case, you can force the HD to start spinning again by getting 'the
> files' or 'the detailed files'. Then you can write successfully.

I inserted a "get the detailed files" before the put command and it
still didn't write the updated data.

I also tried deleting the file first, but then the put command wouldn't
even create a new file as opposed to the first time I run the script
when it normally would.

> Insert the following code immediately after the 'put' line. It might
> yield a clue:
>
>   get the result
>   if it <> empty then
>     answer it
>   end if

Each time the result was empty and nothing was written.  I'm pulling my
hair out trying to find a solution to this problem.  I just don't
understand why it would work the first time, then never again.

But thanks Phil.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software