To Rev or not to Rev

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu May 5 13:40:25 EDT 2005

Marielle,

with the GNU tools bin programs and cigwin tools, you can already do so via
shell or launch. There's a zillion text manipulation tools out there.

But so far Rev is quite fast even for intricate parsing. Never fast enough
tough ;)

But a bridge would be welcome to avoid shell calls when they are really
necessary.
Over the years, i've added quite a few filter types into TAOO to do lots of
cleanups, conversions, translations and it's definitely easier in xtalk than
any other langage.

As soon as i publish the text manager of TAOO, you'll understand. But
there's plenty of other resources out there that have these text
utilities... Which reminds me i need to rebuild the catalog of calls,
handlers, defaults and functions available in TAOO - another nice parsing
browser! ;)

cheers
Xavier