Rev and Photoshop

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu May 5 10:33:39 EDT 2005

Hi Alex,

> Sivakatirswami wrote:
> I actually stopped work on that library, and switched to using a
> set of tools and utilities via shell. The ones I use are at
> http://home.arcor.de/ahuggel/exiv2/   and  reportedly work (or can
> easily be made to work) on Mac ( as well as Win and Linux which is
> what is directly supported). What I do is use them to bulk-extract
> the info I want from a directory at a time, then process those
> separate files in Rev, and then use the tools to re-insert the data.
>
> I do however agree - having the metadata as part of the file is the
> right way to do it (until we get metadata aware file systems which
> will ensure that the metadata goes everywhere the file goes). I use
> this extract-modify-reinsert as a purely transient state, I try not
> to leave significant data in the additional files for any length of
> time,

thanks for the URL, very interesting...

But maybe you can give me a hint (or two :-)

When i use the ugly dosbox it works fine, if i put everything in my
"homefolder"
  -> C:\Documents and Settings\klaus

But when i try the same command in Rev with:

put shell("exiv2 test.jpg")

i get an error and the result is not empty (but also not the wanted
info ;-)...

How can i put the returned values into a field in Rev and how can i
define WHERE the app "exiv2.exe"
and my image are located on my hd within "shell"? Know what i mean?

Thank you very much in advance!

> Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

Regards

Klaus Major