[off]gmail invites

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:17:07 EDT 2005

gmail is google's (very nice) free large-capacity mail service.  The
problem is that it's in beta, so you can't get an account unless you
get invited to join by someone.  Usually when google passes out
invites, it's only a few and only to a few people.  However, for
whatever reason they gave me 100 or so to pass around, probably
because the invites I've sent out previously have attracted lots of
bodies.

Gmail is great for mailing lists like this one.  On other mailing
lists I participate in, lots of people are using gmail.  Due to the
way it is set up (and the fact that google gives you 2 GB (that's
right, GB) of storage, it's well suited to keeping everything and
searching it later.  In other words, you wind up with your own
built-in archive search tool, which is wonderful for mailing lists.
I'm actually considering talking to one of the other listmoms I deal
with to see if I can get the entire archive of that list mailed to me
so that I'll have it for faster searching.

It doesn't cost anything to try it.  You might like it!  It really is
great for mail lists like this.  It, among other things, keeps my
other in boxes uncluttered, and does a good job with spam, and for
being web-based is surprisingly simple to use, and yet powerful all at
the same time.

--
http://taoofrunrev.blogspot.com
http://taoof4d.blogspot.com