Rev and Photoshop

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed May 4 23:56:45 EDT 2005

Does anyone know of a way to get Revolution to read and write to Adobe
Photoshop's per image metadata?

real world scenario:  our photographer in Nepal (world famous, doesn't
just work for us) Thomas Kelly... we just sent him on assignment to Sri
Lanka. He's back now and has a kaJillion digital images that he wants
to caption inside PhotoShop. Opening the file info for each one of
these in Photoshop is a "killer" process. I tried to have our managing
editor consider having the metadata as a separate fooPhoto.psd
/fooPhoto.txt document pair,  for which I have many Rev apps that can
easily preview thumbnailis and allow for data entry very quickly. And
though one can see lot's of advantages of having this data as a
separate file... the concept of the caption being part of the photo
file itself seems to be "ingrained" as the only way to go...

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org