Tiger again

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Wed May 4 16:28:34 EDT 2005

Not that the workaround isn't good enough for now, but I still have a
very weird problem displaying a stack with a windowShape properly,
and it just gets weirder!

I have a stack with an windowshape, that was the only thing not
perfect after I installed Tiger.  Gordy has seen screenshots and
apparently duplicated the problem and made suggestions (thanks
again!), but what worked was repairing permissions, shutting down for
several minutes and then restarting.  What is even stranger now is
that the problem still crops up if I reboot my machine and open the
standalone without having first opened the stack  in question (from
the package contents of the standalone) in Rev !!!!!????  What in the
heck can this mean?

I have now repeated the process a few times, and it is always the
same - boot up, open standalone - weird shape.  Open stack in Rev -
weird shape!

Boot up, open stack in Rev - correct shape.  Open standalone -
correct shape!!!!

I have rev and Tiger in both of my machines.  I guess my question is
as follows:  should I trash rev on backup machine, restart and open
the standalone to test this?  Does anyone have a good guess as to
what would happen if someone else opened this standalone on a machine
that never had Rev installed?

Anyone else have windowshape problems after installing Tiger?   It
seems so odd that everything else works like a charm.  I am following
all of the problems with Tiger in the Apple discussion boards and
trying everything that others have had bad experiences with in Tiger,
so far everything, and I do mean everything, has been smooth as silk
in Tiger - just this one little peice of strangeness!

Ideas appreciated!

Cheers,

Lars