Update to 2.5 from 2.2????

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed May 4 23:35:35 EDT 2005

> I don't see an easy solution for this. The standalone builder allows
> the developer to set the creator code for OS 9 standalones, and allows
> a custom plist for OS X standalones. But if the developer doesn't
> specify a unique code in the settings, the builder has to default to
> something. Maybe it should default to a code that isn't Rev's, but
> even so, everybody's standalones would still have the same one.

What if the Standalone Builder defaulted to a unique creator code based
on your license information? Exclude common known creator codes also,
and it would seem that different developers' standalones would no
longer interfere with each other. An individual developer could of
course carefully pick one.

Of course the proper solution is just to fill out the plist completely
as with any other OS X application, and you won't have to worry about
your application conflicting with others- but it seems like it could
still work by default...

- Brian