French list

Marielle Lange M.Lange at ed.ac.uk
Wed May 4 21:28:16 EDT 2005

Cher Dom,

Merci pour l'info. J'ai jeté un oeil. Le trafic a l'air en descente douce, en
effet. Domage, apparemment l'existence d'une liste française avait attiré des
petits commerces désireux d'employer des revolutionarios. [Babelfish ;-): Thank
you for information. I threw an eye. The traffic has the air in soft descent,
indeed. Domage, apparently the existence of a French list had attracted small
trade eager to employ revolutionarios.]

I am afraid, I do not expect to be able to be a regular on the French list. I
simply suffer from information overload. I am frankly unable to keep up with
the messages on this US list (I have 1136 unread _digests_ in my mailbox). I am
not a professional. I had some presence on the list this week because I really
needed to take my mind away from some stuff at work. Otherwise, the only time I
can afford to read the revolution emails or do some coding is at week-ends.

Best is probably to accept Ro's invitation to post in foreign languages on the
US list. Most of the posts are about code anyway and the code is always in
transcript, which is understood by everybody on this list (see
http://www.kenjikojima.com/runrev/handbook/index.html, for instance for
terrific stacks hidden behind the japanese text). But, yes, babelfish
translations are a reasonable request if we expect a vigilant moderation of
this list.

No shame to have when you write in another language anyway. "Try, try, try, and
keep on trying is the rule that must be followed to become an expert in
anything." [W. Clement Stone]

Amicalement,
Marielle