To Rev or not to Rev

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon May 2 10:28:21 EDT 2005

I think by that classification Rev _is_ object-oriented:
"ObjectOrientedProgramming. A program execution is regarded as a
physical model, simulating the behavior of either a real or imaginary
part of the world." Sounds like Rev to me.

Nevertheless, I always refer people to another quote on the same web
site -- Ward Cunningham's regarding HyperCard and OO: "Sure HyperCard
is object oriented. You just don't get to pick the objects."

Setting those aside, Rev lacks several characteristics most people
consider inherent to OO. That doesn't make it bad or good, necessarily.