To Rev or not to Rev

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Mon May 2 07:35:41 EDT 2005

Thank you all for a very interesting thread.  It clarified a lot for me and
many others I'm sure.  Although I've been in the IT industry since 1967 (my
first computer experience was on an IBM 3070), I took up programming again,
after an 8 year hiatus, when I bought a Mac Plus with HC in 1985.  Since
then, I've used only HC and now Rev so my "exposure" to classical OOP was
missing.  Comments like the one my ISP gave indicated a structural as well
as philosophical  difference in thinking.  Thanks, again... Jim

on 4/30/05 7:36 PM, Derek Bump wrote:

>> As someone already said, your ISP answer is a way to avoid any depth
>> analysis of Rev capabilities... It's also the usual answer from ppl who
>> usually struggle with complex programing environments and who are
>> bitter to see other ppl developping sophisticated apps 2 to 5 times
> faster...
>
> I agree with this, as I at one time did it myself (I'm so ashamed).  I'm
> a straight HTML coder, and nothing drove me more crazy than seeing
> someone use FrontPage or Dreamweaver to develop a web site.  The
> scenario is just the same as someone writing a C++ app in 1 month and me
> writing the same app with Rev in just a few days.  A little animosity.
>
> I now more or less don't care what one uses to develop a program, just
> as long as the final "result" is a decent program that is creative and
> solves a problem.
>
> And though I don't understand OOP, I do appreciate you fine folks trying
> to explain it to me.  I guess I am forever convinced that xTalk is as
> object oriented as a language can get....
>
>   put key in ignition
>   rotate key 120 degrees
>   rotate key -120 degrees
>   apply pressure to accelerator
>   --  It all just "looks" like objects to me :)
>

> Derek Bump
> Dreamscape Software
> http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/

OYF is... Highly resourceful people working together.
<http://www.OwnYourFuture-net.com>

Own Your Future Consulting Services Limited,
1959 Upper Water Street, Suite 407, Halifax, Nova Scotia. B3J 3N2
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139

What¹s New...

* Have you ever hired an employee who didn¹t work out?

* Did you do that on purpose?

Probably not...

If you want to greatly improve your hiring process,
     check out our new hiring process... www.HiringSmart.ca/ns
<http://www.hiringsmart.ca/ns>
                                                          and...
www.KeepingTheBest.ca/ns <http://www.keepingthebest.ca/ns>