Greek text in Rev fields under Linux

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:55:28 EST 2005

For scientific notation, I need to display Greek text characters in Rev
fields in Linux using a font in a standard Linux distribution. On Win and
Mac, one simply uses Symbol font in a Rev field. This doesn't display
properly in Rev under Linux (Redhat Core distribution). The Rev docs suggest
this involves using UTF-16 unicode font. The standard fonts on Linux appear
to be UTF-8 and my experiments have been unsuccessful.

Does anyone have a stack with a field which displays Greek text on Linux
they can share?

Thanks
Rich