drag n drop

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 31 11:52:56 EST 2005

Hello to the list,

I need a little advice here.

I want to make a standalone that will except drag n drop. I need to
know how to tell the difference between a folder, file, and application
on both Macintosh and Windows based computers.

I want the user to be able to drag anything to a standalone window and
then interpret what it is and create a short cut to it. I also want to
treat the different types differently, so I need to know what was
dropped.

Any help on both the Mac and Win approach is appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

412-831-3094
220 Drake Road
Bethel Park, PA 15102

<*)) >=<
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways - a Cigar in one hand - a large steak in the other -
your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO
HOO! What a Ride!"