Searchdocs XML 2.3 - final
sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Mar 30 13:05:39 CST 2005
The final version 2.3 of "SearchDocs XML" has been uploaded today to
2.3 has been thoroughly tested and seems to be satisfactorily stable on
Windows and MacOS X. Unless serious problems should come up - you never
know - there will be no further changes until the next version of
Revolution beyond 2.5.1 is released.
- Different approach to link checking when navigating from the "found"
lines field, especially after a "combined search" in folders
"Dictionary", "Faq", and "Topics" to find the relevant folder.
- Improved text extraction from the XML files: Better layout and shorter
- An "update" button is now accessible in the Readme field. This button
can update the "pure-text" versions of the Help files (that are stored
as arrays in the search stack to increase the search speed) to offer the
option to adapt stack "SearchDocs" to possibly improved XML files or to
work with future versions of Revolution, provided the basic XML
structures of the Help files will remain the same as now.
- The results of the last search will be preserved when the stack closes.-
Occasionally, links in the "See also" section of the fully displayed
articles will not work. This is caused by a number of "loose ends" in
the Rev Help files, namely by incomplete or wrong cross-references
between files in the "<docRef src=" parts of the XML files that define
I have already mentioned such deficient cross-references in earlier
posts, which also cannot work in the Rev Documentation itself.
A few examples:
The corresponding name of the XML file however has been shortened - like
so many others in the Faq folder - to "te_a_standalone_application.xml".
- "reference/operator_precedence_referen .rev", a link in "Topics", has
one space too many before ".rev"
- a typo in a file name: "scripts_and_thier_structure.xml"
- a folder "about" that does not exist:
More information about the use-livecode