problem with Rev 2.5.1 and Valentina client and Windows

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Wed Mar 30 12:57:53 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone out there can shed some light on this for me.  It's kind
of an obscure problem and I'm not sure why it's happening.

I have an application using the Valentina client xcmd.  Up until the release
of Rev 2.5.1 it has been fine.  Since building my standalone (and even
running in the IDE) with 2.5.1, I get strange crashes.  I've traced the
crashes to a certain Valentina function that's being called (Database_New),
but I can't figure out why it's crashing.  And if I run the same stacks in
the Rev 2.5 IDE, the crashes disappear.  This problem only happens on
Windows (so far tested on Win2000 and XP Pro with sp2).

So is anyone using the Valentina client with Revolution, and if so, have you
had similar problems?  I'm not sure if this is a Revolution problem or a
Valentina problem, but I'm suspecting Revolution since the crashes do not
occur with Rev 2.5.

I am going to do some additional testing including creating a stripped down
stack just to make sure there's not something else I'm doing wrong, but I
just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who might have any ideas.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally