Help with Unicode Text

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Mar 28 14:06:29 EST 2005

Hi folks...

Anyone know how to replace a return char in a unicode string?  If you do
this:

put field 2 into jData --field 2 contains Japanese text
replace cr with "<cr>" in jData
put jData into url ("file:/Users/user1/Desktop/jappTest.txt")

Then, do this:

put url ("file:/Users/user1/Desktop/jappTest.txt") into jData
replace "<cr>" with cr in jData
set the unicodeText of field 2 to jData

It puts in incorrect data.  If you don't do the replace stuff, it works
fine.  The purpose of this is that I want my data saved in single lines.  If
I don't change the cr's, I'll end up with multi-line data written to disk.

Thanks in advance,
Dan