"rather not have apps... from a web page"

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 27 09:07:21 EST 2005

Richard,

What do you do about the parts of the engine that need included in
certain stacks? WHat if you change your mind later and decide that you
need pieces in the project? Do you just include everything? I know the
downloads can be just stacks, right? Is there a way to include ide
parts there?

Thanks

Tom
On Mar 27, 2005, at 2:28 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Just make your app a single-window executable which periodically checks
> your server for updates and downloads them.  You can do it all from
> within your app, so the admin doesn't have to do another install
> everytime you update and you save your users the step of going to
> another program (the browser) to get updated.
>
> You're welcome to borrow any useful parts you need from the devolution
> setup stack:
>
> <http://www.fourthworld.com/products/devolution/>
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

412-831-3094
220 Drake Road
Bethel Park, PA 15102

<*)) >=<
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways - a Cigar in one hand - a large steak in the other -
your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO
HOO! What a Ride!"