[noob again]locking background objects

Pat Trendler ptrendler at bigpond.com
Sat Mar 26 17:44:39 EST 2005

I think this is what you want.

selectGroupedControls property  (global)

Platform support:
Introduced in version 1.0

Specifies whether clicking an object in a group selects the object or the
entire group.

set the selectGroupedControls to {true | false}

set the selectGroupedControls to (not the selectGroupedControls)

See also: select command, selectedObject function, selection keyword,
selectionMode property

Description
Use the selectGroupedControls property to control what happens when you
click a grouped control.

Comments:
If the selectGroupedControls property is set to false, clicking an object in
a group with the Pointer tool selects the entire group. You must set the
editBackground property to true to in order select, move, resize, and change
individual objects in the group.

If the selectGroupedControls is true, clicking an object in a group selects
only that object, even if the editBackground is false.

You can change the selectGroupedControls property by choosing Edit menu
Select Grouped Controls.

Pat