How can I detect scrolling in a field?

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 26 05:44:59 EST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:45:50 +0100, "MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu>
wrote
> Hi Graham
>
> It is
> on scrollbardrag w
>
> set the scroll of fld 2 to w
> ..
>
> BUT be carefull if you do the reverse in field 2...
>
> if the scroll of fld 2 is not w then...
>
> that's the safe way or you'll cause another scrollbardrag back and
> forth
> forever (used to work that way and haven't tried lately ;))...
>
> Just remember people use scroll-wheels a lot now so any field should
> work
> for scrolling synchronized fields...
>
> cheers
> Xavier

Thanks Xavier, that's just what I was looking for. I note that  Stephen
Barncard found this by using the Message Watcher. I wonder how else one
would have found it - I mean by simply searching the documentation. In
fact, I am ashamed to say I never use the Message Watcher - I am
unadventurous and ignorant about the IDE (I never use the toolbar in
the Message Box either). Steve Goldberg, in a recent thread [Is there a
tutorial for Property Inspector...] reminds me here that there are some
aspects of RunRev IDE which I've simply given up on. This is really the
height of laziness, as I'm obviously missing fabulous goodies, but I
have not so far persuaded myself to experiment enough to find out. I
wonder if I am alone in this. Anyway as a cure for laziness I would
certainly buy Dan's proposed e-fragments on aspects of the IDE.

Incidentally, why doesn't clicking in a field generate MouseUp - is
there a logical reason for this?

Graham