Windows pathway delimiter problem?

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Thu Mar 24 12:17:42 EST 2005

Is the path delimiter in Windows a slash or a backslash?

In my script I'm using slashes (/) but I'm getting a weird error msg
upon launching the Windows standalone.

Here's the stuff in the on openstack script (which is used to
read/set prefs from a text file):

put the platform into theOS
   put the systemVersion into theVersion

   set the itemDel to "."
   put item 1 of theVersion into MacOS_X_or_not
   set the itemDel to ","

put the filename of this stack into MyPathWay
   set itemDel to "/"

   if theOS is "MacOS" and MacOS_X_or_not >9 then
     -- OS X handles filepathways differently
     -- delete last three directories of myPathWay

     put the number of items of myPathWay into LastFolder2Delete

     put LastFolder2Delete - 3 into FirstFolder2Delete
     if item FirstFolder2Delete of myPathWay contains ".app" then
       delete item FirstFolder2Delete to LastFolder2Delete of MyPathWay
     else
       -- must be a .rev file - no problem
       delete last item of MyPathWay
     end if

     set itemDel to "," -- reSet to default deLimiter

   else -- windows or X_x
     if theOS is "Win32" then

       --
     end if

     set itemDel to "," -- reSet to default deLimiter

   else --linux --later

   end if

   put MyPathWay & "/TJsettings.txt" into PathWaytoTJsettings

   answer "myPathWay = " & return &\
   myPathWay & return &\
   "PathwaytoTJsettings = " & return &\
   PathWaytoTJsettings

and the error msg reads:
The application or DLL C:\(and the pathway to the text file I'm
reading preferences from with each item separated by backslash
characters) is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against
your installation diskette.

I'm putting a jpg up that displays screencaps of these to clarify.

It's at: http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/cet/SB/errorcap.jpg

Thx for any suggestions.
Steve