OSX Screensaver in Revolution

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 00:39:54 EST 2005

Howard,

please man, tell me how could you tap into the screensaver
framework!!!! :D I know how to build full  screen apps, thats easy, I
want to know is how I tell MacOS X 10.3.4 to load my app when it needs
to load a screen saver... I thought that with externals or maybe a
clever plist hacking that might be possible

cheers
andre
On Mar 23, 2005, at 2:08 AM, Howard Bornstein wrote:

> There's been some discussion about whether it's possible to write a
> screensaver for OSX in Revolution. The difficulty has been to hook
> into the OSX screensaver framework. However, I thought it shouldn't be
> that hard to write it as a standalone application. So with that in
> mind, I've written OSX Screensaver entirely in Transcript (with a
> couple of lines of Applescript thrown in) and posted it to my
> RevOnline user area (designeq).
>
> This screensaver plays a Quicktime-compatible movie when the
> screensaver evokes, after the preset idle-time. Any movement of the
> mouse or keyboard entry returns you to your regularly-scheduled
> program.
>
> It's got a few other goodies, like hot-corners, the ability to play
> the movie at original size or full-screen and volume adjustment.
>
> Please feel free to take a look and try it out. I'm particularly
> looking for bug reports.
>
> I was amazed and impressed with Revolution's ability to build a tool
> like this.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Howard Bornstein