OSX Screensaver in Revolution

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:08:08 EST 2005

There's been some discussion about whether it's possible to write a
screensaver for OSX in Revolution. The difficulty has been to hook
into the OSX screensaver framework. However, I thought it shouldn't be
that hard to write it as a standalone application. So with that in
mind, I've written OSX Screensaver entirely in Transcript (with a
couple of lines of Applescript thrown in) and posted it to my
RevOnline user area (designeq).

This screensaver plays a Quicktime-compatible movie when the
screensaver evokes, after the preset idle-time. Any movement of the
mouse or keyboard entry returns you to your regularly-scheduled
program.

It's got a few other goodies, like hot-corners, the ability to play
the movie at original size or full-screen and volume adjustment.

Please feel free to take a look and try it out. I'm particularly
looking for bug reports.

I was amazed and impressed with Revolution's ability to build a tool like this.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein