The paradigm of containers and self-referenced names

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:15:24 EST 2005

> No, in C the meaning of a statement depends only on declarations in the
> context and its location.
Whatever.  It's polymorphic.  Hand someone a single snippet of C, say
a+b, and it is impossible for them to infer any meaning from it
without reading the rest of the program, the libraries, blah, blah,
blah.

<snip/> (rant about paradigms and how I'm making things worse)
I clearly missed something here since I fail to see what the problem
is.  I'll review the thread tonight and comment more fully then.
Clearly this topic deserves mention in either the tao blog or the
wishlist blog.  One confused, irritated, or otherwise out-of-tune
person deserves a mention in either as assistance to others that
follow.  Of course, I don't consider true bugs as belonging in either,
but rather a topic for bugzilla.

<snip/>
> I don't know what a request blog is.
Whoops!  I meant the wishlist blog.  See the posting on this point
from earlier today.  The subject begins with [ANN].  I look forward to
your submission.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."