field information bails out on card 2

Pat Trendler ptrendler at bigpond.com
Fri Mar 18 18:36:43 EST 2005

Paul,

You could make tData a global variable instead of a local variable

global gData
on openCard
put item 5 of line 1 of gData into field "L1"
-- whatever else
end openCard

You will also need to declare the global in the script where you put the
data into it.

If you are going to put from a fld on one card to a fld on another card:

put fld "L1" of cd 1 into fld "L1"

> Does "into" replace the current data and "after" adds data?
Yes, that's right.

If fld "L1" is on a lot of cards, is part of a group with background
behaviour (in the group's property inspector) set to true (you can have just
one control in a group) and you want to display exactly the same data in the
fld on each card, you can check   "share text" on the flds property
inspector. Then whatever is put into one fld shows in all of them.(see
sharedText property in the Dictionary)