Can one change a mainstack so that it is a substack of another mainstack?

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Thu Mar 17 13:00:06 EST 2005

Two things to be aware of:

1. Substacks may not have substacks.  If stack "B" has substacks before
being converted to a substack, the results may not be exactly what you
expect.

2. The stack script for a mainstack is in the message path of its
substacks.  If stack "A" has a nonempty stack script, the behavior of
stack "B" might change when converted to a substack of stack "A".