Using sockets

Kevin J kj2005.28 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:01:47 EST 2005

Well I have taken a break from working on my text editor. So I decided
to play around with the socket functions. I was trying to open a
socket to a text game so that I could read the login page I can get it
in to the text field and the page will show up in the field but it
will have a little square box at the left hand side of the field on
every line. How would I get rid of that? This is what I did to connect
to the socket

on mouseUp
  open socket "theseahaven.com:5500"
  read from socket "theseahaven.com:5500" for -1
  put it into tvar
  put tvar into field"field1"
end mouseUp