Learning Revolution

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Mar 9 00:25:00 EST 2005

Not compelling? Hey I know what you mean - years ago (1990?) I
attempted to hook up hypercard with ODBC and a Butler server...all on
macs. It was slow and horrible and was utterly unreliable. Certainly
I would expect problems if you use ODBC; That was then.

But NOW I've found that rev SCREAMS as a MySQL client on a decent DSL
or cable connection -- as good as any client out there - even my
favorite 'CocoMySQL'.
Check out Sarah's MYSQL stack and try it with mySql. Chances are your
ISP has it running, or available for your account.

http://www.troz.net/Rev/#MySQL

awesome work Sarah... thanks

Of course a client server database of any kind can only be as fast as
the server and connection.