Midi Comunications

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Mar 7 12:23:05 EST 2005

Any midi device should have a clock to synch to.

The computers, the soundcard (preferred if you use computer effects), sound
mixer (if you can afford that kind of mixer) (best), the midi keyboard too
(best for performers without need of effects). I maybe wrong regarding the
best clock but I think that's what it comes down to...

There's also the case where you use ASIO for midi (much less latency!) -
popular driver from Steinberg.

AFAIK, I choose the main device to which they all should
synch to and the rest is magic, eh, fruity...

I suppose this would be possible through a QuicktimeSynch as well but dont
know if possible - could be easy for Mac programmers. You can also get ASIO
for the Mac...

Just showing you ways if it helps!

Xavier
--