"Rolling Credits" - Stop them and start them again

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Mar 6 14:16:44 EST 2005

On 3/6/05 1:12 PM, "Alan Gayne" <alanira9 at mac.com> wrote:

> Oops!  Sorry my last post was absent a subject line.
>
> ALSO, I have now noted that I CAN get the scrolling to start with a
> click in the text field, but it takes the SECOND click in the field to
> get things going.
>
> So my question now is how to get the process working with the FIRST
> click in the text field.

You should just be able to change the PauseResume and rollCredits handlers:

on rollCredits -- rolls the next bit
  set the vScroll of me to (the scroll of me + scrollIncrement)
  if the vScroll of me < maxScroll then
    -- trigger the next frame:
    send "rollCredits" to me in frameTime milliseconds
  else -- we're done:
    wait for 2 seconds -- to let the user read the last part
    hide me with visual effect dissolve
    set the vScroll of me to zero
    show me with visual effect dissolve
    put "" into sPaused  -- ADD THIS
  end if
end rollCredits

on PauseResume
  if sPaused = "" then   -- ADD THIS
    startRolling  -- ADD THIS
  else  -- ADD THIS
    if sPaused then
      send "rollCredits" to me
    else
      CancelPending "rollCredits"
    end if
    put not(sPaused) into sPaused
  end if  -- ADD THIS
end PauseResume

This way, a value of empty for sPaused is ued to get things rolling, and it
is reset to empty when the rolling is finished.

I haven't tested it, but it should work...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com