[noob again]static text

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Mar 6 12:54:39 EST 2005

Here's the confusion, and it's definitions. There is NO "static text
tool" in Hypercard. There IS a "Paint Text" tool in HC, so I assume
that is what you mean.

There is a full set of paint tools in Rev, too, except for Paint Text
(click the disclosure triangle at the bottom of the pallette).

There would be no need for paint text, as Rev has actual label
fields. Paint text in this context would not be that useful, as it
would have to commit to 72 dpi, and the text fields use the font
outlines which of course scale to the output dpi.   Much cleaner text
output. Paint text would be very jaggy on paper.

sqb