compileIt for revolution?

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Jun 29 14:59:11 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:
> So, if you want to port my Rev code to C, please feel free to do so, but
> it would not be solving the original problem I wanted to solve
> (optimizing Rev code).

I feel the same way you do.  I've always been a fan on Transcript and
how easy it is for me to comprehend and it's portability across various
platforms.  I also, however, get annoyed when I see any type of repeat
or loop structure that slows to a crawl when it has to process data
thousands upon thousands of times.

I tried doing optimizations for images with matchText and replaceText,
but only ended up getting less than satisfactory results.  Just thought
I'd share my results with that. :)

In the meantime, if I happen to come up with anything I will definitely
let you, and everyone else know.  If I do manage to convert your scripts
to C they will also be posted, so I thank you.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software