Confirm Long File Name Bug in Player Object

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jun 24 12:25:50 EDT 2005

On Jun 23, 2005, at 6:39 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

>> Even so, I think this loss of functionality qualifies as (at most)
>> "Major", in that it is a "major loss of function."  I understand
>> "Blocker" to mean "I can't develop."
>
> How is this different from "I can't deliver?"

It blocks you up front in development, not at the end.

If a bug's fix's being crucial in delivery makes it a Blocker, then
I'll have to change a dozen of my bug entries to Blocker.

I can't argue that this bug is not a blocker, only that (from my
reading of the bugzilla definition) it is not a Blocker.

I don't mean to belittle the bug; I'm just being legalistic about the
category Blocker.  Even though it is highest in some sense, it also is
different in quality in that it narrows the kind of bug.  Examples
might be "key doesn't work" or "can't open stack".

I didn't make up the definition, so I might be way off.

Dar