Tiger breaks hyperCard?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 27 18:40:31 EDT 2005

Jim Hurley wrote:
> I had heard, from a distance source, that a new Mac with Tiger installed
> will not necessarily include classic. Anybody know whether this is true?

Tiger does not include Classic, and I don't think Jaguar did either.
So if you don't have an old install you'll have to re-install from an OS
9 CD.  If this is a first Mac and you don't have an OS 9 CD, you're hosed.

Half a decade into OS X, Apple is moving agressively to kill OS 9.  The
new MacTel machines will seal Classic's fate, as IIRC the Classic layer
will be ported.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation