Strange saving behavior

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Sat Jun 25 08:46:33 EDT 2005

Hi Xavier,

I've just tested this on WinXP (on NTFS) by:
  1) creating a new stack
  2) setting it's filename property to 'FooBar.rev'
  3) saving the stack using 'save stack'
This results in a stack saved to disk with the filename 'FooBar.rev' in the
defaultFolder.

Furthermore just to rule out IDE oddities: using the IDE retains the case of
the filename - 'Save As...' and then renaming to Foobar.rev results in the
stack having an appropriate filename (i.e. Foobar.rev) as expected.

Therefore I conclude that there must be something else going on in your case
and this is not necessarily Revolution related.

A couple of things to check are:
  - the type of filesystem you are saving to (some FS's will normalise
filenames to *their* choice)
  - the filename property of the stack you are saving is mixed-case before
doing 'save stack'

Warmest Regards,

Mark Waddingham
Chief Technical Officer.