compileIt for Revolution?

Eric Engle engleerica at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 05:19:35 EDT 2005

How about this:

on eq @x,y -- note x is by reference
   put y into x
end eq

You can use that in the order you asked for like this:

on mouseUp
   put 0 into b
   eq b,7
   put b -- puts 7
   eq b,b+3
   put b -- puts 10
end mouseUp

Does Transcript allow pointers?!?
If so, big news to me (new in latest engine or something?!?)
I tested your handler without the pointer symbol (@) and it seemed to work.

If I were to do it that way I would

function equals theVar,theVal
  put theVal into theVar
  return theVar
end equals

then in the script

equals(b,2)

does affect 2 to b.

Both seem to work. However it is still not infixing. So its not really what I'm
looking for.

Also earlier someone suggested you could use == for assignment. I don't think
that is the case, but I am no expert in C. I thought that all languages other
than basic use two different operators for affectation and comparison to avoid
any confusion. Allowing == to operate assignments would be illogical.

I'm not sure why I refer to affectation as affectation and not assignment. I
speak French and German fluently, maybe that is why?