mysql oddities

Howard Freeman hef at fisiltd.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 03:55:05 EDT 2005

I've been using rev to link up to MySQL for a while but I've just
changed my web space supplier and I can't connect to MySQL. I thought
that this was their problem but it's stranger than that.

If I use the database query builder then the connection is made and I
can see the tables and fields and can query the database. When I try
to do the same thing in my own stack - and those of other people who
use MySQL - I get connection errors. What I'd really like to do is
get inside the database query builder to find out what commands it is
using to connect to my database.

Alternatively, can someone provide some tips about the port variable
in the revopendatabase function? I'm just putting the port number as
a colon and number immediately after the host url and I'm sure this
is right, eg :3337. Is there any other way to write it?

Also, I don't want to use the database query manager all the time
because I intend to distribute this as a standalone to users of the
MySQL database.

Thanks

Howard