TIP: isImagLoaded function

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 23 14:24:47 EDT 2005

On 6/23/05 1:13 PM, "MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Wrong, it, scans all the stacks (listed in the windows variable)...

You misunderstood me, Xavier. I didn't say that it only scanned one stack. I
said that it wasn't comprehensive enough to be useful. When you ask for:

  put the number of images in stack <stackName>

You don't get all the images on all cards of the stack - only the "current"
card (whatever is the one you'd see when the stack opens), and it doesn't go
into groups, etc. You can see this by making a simple stack, import one
image onto card 1, then two on card 2, then navigate back to card 1 and ask
for the "number of images" -- you get '1'... so that means there are two
images on card 2 that don't get included in your global, and so the purpose
of the function is meaningless.

> Of course i have a bit more advanced version coming which will scan known
> and substacks and etc... ;)

As long as the "etc" makes it comprehensive, that's great - otherwise it is
of little use, IMHO, because it promises something it can't deliver.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com