compileIt for revolution?

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Wed Jun 22 21:20:57 EDT 2005

Dan,

I used to believe that too, Then I decided to spend twice a much on a
table saw as I ever had before.  The quality of my work doubled.  The
saw was heavy and stable, the blade did not wobble, and the fence was
solid.  My cuts were fast and accurate.  Then I decided to buy the
higher quality drill press, again what I was able to accomplish
astounded me.  I then realized that a master craftsman can build a
thing of beauty with with a chisel, but a weekend warrior needs a
tool that is forgiving and helps him succeed.  With that tool he can
accomplish far more than he could with just a chisel.

My collection of tools work together on the same piece of data
(wood).  I move from one tool to the next to make the finished
product.  I could build a metal cabinet, and of course my woodworking
tools would be useless.  For that I would need a different set --
metalworking tools.   When It comes to building a project, I look at
the tools I have invested in and know how to use and then decide what
I will build it out of.  Some projects require the strength of metal,
but in most projects you can make either work.  Rev is a collection
of woodworking tools, with a couple missing (like a router) that
keeps me from making the full range of wood projects.