compileIt for revolution?

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Wed Jun 22 11:07:18 EDT 2005

I have a feeling that there is "compiled" and then there is "compiled".
It is my impression (correct me if I'm wrong) that Rev compiles to
pCodes (similar to the old pSystem and to Visual Basic), while Delphi
and C++ compile to native code.  The difference in performance is
between one and three orders of magnitude, depending on what you're doing.

It is true that Rev is fast enough to do some amazing things (the Nine
Ball with Spin stack is a good example of excellent real-time graphic
performance), but it is a real dog at compute intensive tasks
(processing each pixel in an image).

Jon