idea: Contest and promoting Rev to the world

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jun 21 15:17:23 EDT 2005

On 6/21/05 2:08 PM, John Ridge wrote:

> Maybe there are political difficulties - what is RunRev's attitude to
> initiatives that, to be effective,  would require their support but would
> not be under their control? I suspect they are pretty laid back about this,
> as use-revolution itself implies - a great way to get users to do the
> support work! But as Dan also said, a little more involvement from them
> would make a great difference (I note that Mark has been on-list several
> times lately, which is really good). Anything of the sort we are talking
> about would have to be part of the free download from RunRev, and to that
> extent "official". Is that a problem (a) for RunRev (b) for potential
> contributors?

No problem with it at all, I don't think. Sandy Beadle was talking to me
about porting over the old HC example stacks and she talked to Kevin
about it at the Monterey conference. He was fully supportive. I
encouraged her to do it, and in those cases where the scripts or
examples were outdated, to create new ones. She is seriously considering it.

To avoid duplication of effort, anyone who wants to help with this
project should probably get in touch with Sandy. If she's on this list,
maybe she will respond.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com