OT: RR and FileMaker

Bill Moseid bill at fmpsolutions.com
Mon Jun 20 13:27:10 EDT 2005

Using WinBatch (PC) I was able to create a widget that would mimic keyboard keystokes.
thus automating some functions for FileMaker Pro. So, to create a custom value list in a
Target FileMaker file, a WinBatch widget can:

1) Parse the paragraph delimited (¶) data passed from FileMaker
    a) Calling Filename¶Type of Action¶Target FileName¶Value List Name¶Value List Items

2) Bring the Target FileMaker file to the foreground

3) Open the dialog: Define Value Lists for Target Filename

4) Click the New or Edit buttons to open the dialog: Edit Value Lists

5) Set the Custom Value List Name (new or old name) in the Value List Name

6) Set the Value List Name in the field: Edit Custom Value List,

7) Tab to the field: "Use custom value list"  and enter the value list items

8) Close the  dialog: Target Filename

9) Close the dialog: Define Value Lists for Target Filename

10) Bring the Calling Filename to the Foreground

Can I do this functionality with Revolution? The intent is to write a crossplatform solution once.

Regards,

Bill

William R. Moseid
Model Masters