Applescript - do script not working in 2.5.1 and standalones?

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Jun 14 23:52:58 EDT 2005

> Does anyone know how I can get the "do script" to work in 2.5.1 and
> 2.5.1
> standalones? They seem to have disappeared from the dictionaries.

Hi Michael,

Rev doesn't have an AppleScript dictionary that can be read from the
AppleScript Editor. Inside Rev, you can make it do AppleScripts but
assembling your script and then using:

do myScript as AppleScript

If you want to be able to control your app using AppleScripts, you
will need to implement an appleEvents handler that looks for 'dosc'
events coming in.

HTH,
Sarah